The brakes are among the most crucial parts of your vehicle. Good thing that it is not that hard to tell when your car needs a professional brake service and repair inspection. There are a few signs that will tell you if it is already time for you to get a brake service from a reliable auto repair shop. If you will notice any of the symptoms, it is best that you bring your vehicle to the experts right away.
- Squealing of brakes – One of the initial symptoms that you will notice is squeaking of your car’s brakes once applied. Most of the disc brakes come with a piece known as wear indicator. This is a small metal piece of metal that is attached to the brake pad and this will start to contact the brake rotor once the brake pad has been torn to a specific level. This contact between the rotor and wear indicator is what usually happens if the brakes start to squeal.
- Soft or spongy brake pedal
- Extra hard pedal
- Strong vibrations when applying the brakes
- Constant grinding of brakes even when not applying
- Grabbing or pulling to one side
- Brake warning light which stays on
- Brake pedal pulsation
- Clicking noises when breaking
Any of the signs is a sure indication that it is about time for you to get your car inspected by an expert. When you take your car for inspection, make sure that you inform the auto repair expect about the different symptoms that your vehicle is experiencing. These pieces of information can help in estimating the repairs needed and to make sure that all of the problems will be addressed. Your technician will then conduct a road test of your vehicle to ensure that they have the right and accurate diagnosis.